Quick Uncontested Divorce
Divorce Papers > Divorce Tips > Quick Uncontested Divorce
The longer duration of the process is the most common problem faced by divorcing individuals. On the other hand, the costly affair of this legal process is directly dependent on the complexity of the process in terms of sorting all marital issues between the partners. It is found that due to weak financial status, people could not go for proper legal termination of their unsuccessful marriage. However, it can be possible to experience a quick and cheap divorce these days. If both the divorcing partners reach an agreement regarding all the divorce issues and trust that both have been fair towards one another, then it is possible to implement a quick uncontested divorce that would require minimum ninety days. As a result, such divorce types are more suitable for the spouses who do not have any joint bank accounts, combined investments or joint assets between them.
Procedure of Quick Uncontested Divorce
- The divorcing partner must reach the local courthouse and locate the Prothonotary office.
- After reaching the Prothonotary office, he or she must request for the essential legal documents required for an uncontested divorce.
- Keep in mind that the officials in this office would not help in completion of the divorce paperwork. So, it is wiser not to request them for this favor.
- The divorcing partner must read the instructions that are offered along with the paperwork.
- These instructions not only explain how to fill the legal documents but also comprise of a certain series of steps that are essential for proper filing
- After filling out the Petition for divorce, the divorcing partner must submit it in the Prothonotary office and along with it disburse the filing fee. Every state in the United States charges different amount of filing fees. The office will give a receipt after the filing fee is paid.
- The officials in the office would place the Petition in a file.
- The Prothonotary office retains this document for ninety days on completion of which it officially files the divorcing couple as divorced
- During the span of ninety days, the petitioner must dispatch a certified copy of the request for divorce via certified mail from the local post office.
- Although, the Petitioner is seeing his or her spouse as a daily routine, still a certified copy of the request for divorce must be dispatched as described in the previous point. If there is any failure in the above process, the divorce procedure may get delayed or the courthouse might not consider the petitioner request further.
- On receiving the above request, the spouse must sign the certified sticker. This sticker is then sent to the Prothonotary office where it is attached to the case file.
- Only after receiving the signed certified sticker mentioned above can the divorce process be continued.
- When the divorcing partner initially requests for essential paperwork at the Prothonotary office, the official there gives a packet of forms that contains the Final Petition for divorce
- Ninety days after filing the divorce request in the office, the divorcing partners must sign on this final petition in front of a notary. This indicates that the divorcing partners are still acceding with each other regarding the divorce. Now, this final petition must be submitted in the Prothonotary office.
- While submitting the final petition, it is essential to pay some fee. The amount of fees may change from one state to another.
- On the date on which the final petition is submitted, the divorcing partners are officially divorced
- The Judge at the courthouse will issue the divorce decree that states that the couple is legally divorced
A quick uncontested divorce can easily be obtained in ninety days after fulfillment of specific legal formalities and the divorce is confirmed after receiving the official letter from the court. Such divorce processes are appropriate for the parties who desire to end their marital relationship without any complication and can easily get rid off their relationships in an easily manner.