Divorce and Second Marriage
Divorce Papers > Marriage and Divorce > Divorce and Second Marriage
Many people choose getting into another relation as an option to regain the settlement after marital dissolution. Many times, it is observed that an involvement with another person is itself a cause of separation. Divorce and second marriage are legally related matters. Therefore, one should have a clear idea about the rules and regulations regarding it.
According to statistics, fifty percent of first marital relationships end up in divorce. And those who remarry, seventy percent of their marital unions end up in dissolution. So, it has been observed that the rate of dissolution in second marital alliances is quite high. To avoid a second dissolution, some things should be taken into consideration while going for a second relationship.
Some Tips Regarding Divorce and Second Marriage
- It is very crucial that the ex-spouses does not cultivate negativity in their mind. This person must look forward to a successful second marriage. Their mind should not be occupied by thoughts of separation or failure. The spouse going for tying a knot again should seek professional advice to make the things successful.
- A second marital relationship is slightly tough due to monetary issues like alimony, child support payments etc. In such circumstances, the concerned person must avail the services of a financial consultant or a mediator to overcome economical issues. The other option is to settle the things with the help of a lawyer or an attorney.
- Those people, who are divorced or single for a considerable duration, get used to a fix daily routine. After involving in bond of commitment again, they must be ready to adapt to a new routine by being open to change and compromise. It is necessary to remember that it is a little bit difficult because of a bad first experience. Thus, there might be many things that would be required to be adjusted with other partner.
- It is essential to escape from the first relationship groove. One must observe new traditions and habits with the aim of a successful personal life. The things should be started with a fresh mind.
- After the divorce from the first partner has been completed, the person must move to a new neighborhood or residence to start afresh in life. This step is taken to ensure that old ghosts do not haunt their new marital life. Some people may want to shift to another city to have another perspective of life.
- In order to establish the foundation for a robust relationship with partner, the individuals must undergo an objective counseling session(s). These counseling sessions are organized by various psychologists or professional medical councilors.
- During the second marriage, the person must be honest and candid about their hopes and fears. When this person shares his/her feelings without the fear of getting hurt or failure, then it is possible to build a successful bonding with new spouse.
- The second marriage must be treated as a novel chance to understand the new partner in depth. It is necessary to avoid any kind of comparison between the former partner and the spouse at any level.
- The person must prepare a list of the errors and weaknesses in the first marital bond, after legal procedure is accomplished. Now, this person must maintain a demeanor that lacks the points in this list.
- The person must confirm that they are emotionally, geographically, socially and financially prepared for accepting new challenges on personal level.
Facts Regarding Divorce and Second Marriage
- It is not advisable to marry just after having dissolution procdure. There should be a period between a divorce and new marital alliance. This period should be used to get over the traumatic experience and rejuvenate the energy. Approximately two months period is necessary to resolve all issues and prepare to start a new life.
- If children are involved in the procedure, they find it difficult to handle the new surroundings after the disintegration of the family. The person undergoing new involvement has to take care of the relationship between the new spouse and children from previous life.
- Sometimes, it may happen that people rush into creating new bonds to avoid loneliness and depression. It is not correct as it may result into the marital problems in such forcefully formed relationship.
A person who is thinking about tying a knot again after divorce must be acquainted with all possibilities involved. The most important thing is the positive attitude and completion of legalities. A second marital bond is not legalized if the legal procedure is not completed properly. Thus, it is necessary to ensure that the legally specific period has been passed and all related certificates are issued by the court in case of second marriages.