Marriage and Divorce Facts
Divorce Papers > Marriage and Divorce > Marriage and Divorce Facts
Marriage and divorce are two opposite sides of a relationship between a man and a woman in love. There are many aspects to these relationships. Some aspects are emotional while some may be economical. It is necessary to know some marriage and divorce facts as they indicate the nature of the social status of people and a direction towards where the culture of the modernized world is leading. The statistics of these two relative concepts are based on general observations and data that is published by legal institutions. These facts are often influenced by the specific culture and trends in the society.
Facts of Marriage and Divorce
- Infatuations or affairs that turn into marital unions mostly face failures. The statistical figures shows that 75 percent of these alliances result into dissolution.
- Approximately 50 percent spouses who end their relationship out of love go through a second affair. Almost, half of them accept that a second affair is a cause for the breaking of their first marital relation.
- The partners who have ended their marriage because of an extra-marital affair are unhappy with the decision. 80 percent of them have mentioned it in a survey.
- In every 10 to 14 seconds, a permanent separation happens in the U.S. It naturally indicates the higher statstical rates.
- Most of the spouses fail to come out of the emotional crisis. The figures shows that nearly 33 percent men and 50 percent women suffer through emotional outbursts. Generally, it is seen that women face more emotional problems than men post divorce.
- The percentage of married people involved in other relationships is very high in U.S. It has been observed that more than 60 percent women and more than 70 percent men indulge in extra -marital affair. That is, the proportion of these affairs to marital alliances is 2:3. The nature and intensity of such relations differ according to the spouses.
- The legal termination of marital bonds of couples who have been married for a long period are mostly taken on the ground of infidelity. 90 percent of such cases show the presence of adultery at some point of time in their life.
The statistics regarding general issues in divorce
- It can be a lifetime trauma for many couples. Approximately 60 percent of the partners suffer through the loneliness and anxiety. Around one-fourth of the former couples undergo depression and mental problems after getting separated.
- It is observed that a large number of people remarry once they obtain final decree from the court.. However, the success rate for these marriages is very low. That is , there is a decrease in the quality of relationships after the first dissolution.
- It has been observed that religious spouses attending the services together have less tendency to indulge into other relationships outside nuptial bond.
- Religion definitely proves to be a major factor in saving and maintaining a marital union. For example, catholics tend to avoid an involvement in post marital love relations, as their religion considers marital bond as a sacred relation. The bondage of religion prevents them from having an affair other close relations.
- After ten years of being divorced, very less number of spouses attain success in making a new start. This indicates that people find it quite difficult to handle the stress during legal procedure of dissolution. Thus majority of them fail to start a new life.
- The impact of modernization in the family can be observed among younger generations. The youth population belonging to educated parents have a tendency to opt for live-in relationships and have free opinions.
- The women from younger generation prefer stable marriage than that of men of their age group. Also, they tend to avoid physical relations and insecure affairs.
- The youth population is against the concept of the connection between marital alliance, dissolution and religion.
- The parents of minor children do not prefer having a child after getting remarried. They tend to focus on their marital life only.
- Most children of separated parents are not happy with the new family and other members. In fact, they start objecting the concept of creation of family at an early age.
- Approximately 80 percent patients in mental hospitals have experienced a divorce in one way or the other.
These statistics can show the real impact of disintegration of the family on the children and adolescents. It has a lasting effect on the mentality of children that can show its influence in later life.
This is a basic idea about the statistics related to marriage and divorce facts. It is difficult to measure the exact number of marital alliances that resulted in separation. However, it certainly influences the social trend of creating a family and getting married at a specific age.