New York Divorce Papers in PDF Format
If you’ve made the difficult decision to pursue a divorce in New York without legal representation, it’s vital that you obtain the most up-to-date divorce papers. By completing the necessary paperwork yourself, you have the opportunity to settle family and property matters outside of the courtroom. However, to ensure the approval of the court, it’s essential that you acquire a set of New York Supreme Court family law forms specifically tailored to your case. To simplify the process, we have compiled a comprehensive list of court-approved divorce papers for New York, which you can conveniently review and download with just a few clicks.
Free Printable New York Uncontested Divorce Forms
To complete divorce papers in New York, the following information is required. For divorces without children, you will need details about yourself and your spouse, including full names, addresses, dates of birth, and occupations. You must provide the date and place of your marriage, as well as your reasons for seeking a divorce. Additionally, you must disclose any property, assets, debts, or financial obligations shared with your spouse. For divorces with children, you must provide the same information as for cases without children, along with details about the children involved, including their names, dates of birth, and current addresses. Moreover, you will need to outline custody arrangements, child support agreements, and visitation schedules. Memorize the distinction between the two types of forms to ensure you access the appropriate documents for your specific situation. Official, free, printable divorce forms can be obtained from the official New York State Courts website or by downloading them directly from our website.
Download New York Divorce Forms Without Child (pdf)
If you decided to file for divorce in New York and you do not have children, you need to prepare the following forms:
- Summons with Notice: This form provides basic information about you, your spouse, and the reason for the divorce. It notifies your spouse that you are initiating divorce proceedings.
- Verified Complaint for Divorce: This form outlines the specific grounds or reasons for seeking divorce, such as irretrievable breakdown of the marital relationship. It also includes details about any marital property/assets, support, or alimony sought.
- Affidavit of Defendant: This form is used if your spouse does not agree with the divorce and needs to respond to the Complaint. It gives your spouse a chance to explain their side and provide their version of the events.
- Affidavit of Service: This form is used to prove that your spouse received the Summons and Complaint documents. It certifies the date and method of service, ensuring that your spouse is aware of the legal proceedings.
- Affidavit of Plaintiff: This form verifies that you are the plaintiff in the divorce case and provides additional personal information about yourself.
- Notice of Automatic Orders: This form outlines certain automatically imposed restraints on both you and your spouse during the divorce process. It prohibits selling or transferring assets, taking children out of state, or changing beneficiaries without consent or court order.
Experience a hassle-free divorce with our online service. Our process is simple and convenient. Answer straightforward questions online, and we’ll prepare your divorce documents. Save time, stress, and legal fees. Perfect for spouses seeking an amicable divorce.
Download New York Divorce Forms With Minor Child (pdf)
If you decided to have an agreed divorce with children in New York, you need to fill in the following required forms:
- Summons with Notice: This form initiates the divorce process and informs your spouse about the action being taken against them.
- Verified Complaint: This document provides detailed information about the grounds for the divorce and any additional issues you wish to address, such as child custody or property division.
- Affidavit of Service: This form is used to prove that your spouse received a copy of the summons and complaint, which is necessary for the court to proceed with the case.
- Child Support Worksheet: This worksheet helps determine the appropriate amount of child support to be paid by either parent based on their income and expenses.
- Child Support Standards Chart: This chart provides guidelines for calculating child support payments based on the combined income of both parents and the number of children involved.
- Parenting Plan: This document outlines the agreed-upon custody and visitation arrangements for the children, including a schedule for holidays and vacations.
- Uniform Support Petition: This form is used to request child support, medical support, or spousal support (if applicable) to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
- Child Custody Jurisdictional Affidavit: This affidavit verifies that the children involved in the divorce have resided primarily in New York for the past six months, which establishes jurisdiction for custody determinations.
Get Your New York Divorce Papers Online
Make your uncontested divorce documents preparation less complicated with our online divorce service. With the help of our reliable online service, filing for divorce can become even more convenient. Here are the three steps to take to file for marriage dissolution successfully:
Trusted by more than 25,000 people
New York Divorce Papers F.A.Q.
Can you download divorce papers in New York?
To get divorce forms in New York, in a pro se divorce, you can either download them online or pick them up from the District Clerks office. You must complete them by yourself and have a lawyer review before filing.
What paperwork is needed for divorce in New York?
Some of the documents you will be asked to provide are: a Verified Complaint for Divorce, a Summons with Notice or a Summons and Complaint, a Statement of Net Worth, and if you have children, additional documents relating to child custody and support.
How do I get divorce papers served in New York?
To get divorce papers served in New York, submit them to a process server or hire a professional service. They will arrange for the papers to be delivered to your spouse.
How much is a divorce paper in New York?
In the state of New York, the filing fee for divorce is usually between $250 and $300, but it varies by county. Furthermore, you must also pay a service fee and an issuance fee if your spouse needs to be served with divorce papers.