West Virginia Divorce Papers in PDF Format
If you have made the decision to pursue a do-it-yourself divorce, it is imperative that you have the most up-to-date and court-approved documents. By completing the divorce paperwork yourself, you and your spouse can avoid the need for a lawyer and come to an agreement on family and property matters outside of court. To assist you in this process, we have compiled a comprehensive list of West Virginia Supreme Court family law forms on this page. With just a few simple clicks, you can review and download divorce papers specifically tailored for West Virginia courts.
Free Printable West Virginia Uncontested Divorce Forms
When filling out divorce papers in West Virginia, it is important to provide accurate and complete information. The necessary details include the full names, addresses, and ages of both spouses, along with the date and location of the marriage. Additionally, you should include the grounds for divorce, whether it is based on fault or no-fault reasons. For cases involving children, further information is required, such as their names, dates of birth, and current addresses, as well as details regarding custody, visitation, and child support. Moreover, it is essential to provide a complete account of marital property, debts, and financial information, including income and expenses. Remember to sign the papers and have them notarized before filing.
For your convenience, it should be noted that there are separate divorce forms for cases with children and cases without children. To access these forms, the official West Virginia State Courts website offers free printable downloads. Alternatively, you may also obtain them directly from our website by means of a simple download.
Download West Virginia Divorce Forms Without Child (pdf)
If you have chosen to file for divorce in West Virginia and do not have children, you must gather the following forms.
- Petition for Divorce: This form initiates the divorce process and outlines your grounds for seeking a divorce.
- Summons: This document officially notifies your spouse that you have filed for divorce and provides them with important information, such as the deadline for responding.
- Financial Statement: This form requires you to disclose your financial situation, including income, expenses, assets, and debts. It helps determine the division of property and spousal support.
- Marital Settlement Agreement: This document outlines the terms of your divorce, including property division, alimony, and any other issues agreed upon by both parties.
- Order of Referral: This form requests the court to refer your case to a Family Court Judge for review and approval.
- Final Decree of Divorce: This document is the court’s official judgment that declares your marriage legally dissolved.
Experience a hassle-free divorce with our online service. Our process is simple and convenient. Answer straightforward questions online, and we’ll prepare your divorce documents. Save time, stress, and legal fees. Perfect for spouses seeking an amicable divorce.
Download West Virginia Divorce Forms With Minor Child (pdf)
If you decided to have an agreed divorce with children in West Virginia, you need to fill in these required forms:
- Petition for Divorce: The Petition for Divorce states that one spouse is requesting the court to dissolve the marriage and outlines basic information about the parties involved and the children.
- Verified Vital Statistics Form: This form contains personal information about both spouses, such as their names, addresses, and social security numbers. It helps ensure accurate data is provided to complete the divorce process.
- Child Support Worksheet: The Child Support Worksheet calculates child support payments based on the incomes of both parents. It assists in determining the appropriate financial support that one parent may owe to the other for the children’s needs.
- Parenting Plan: The Parenting Plan lays out the agreed-upon custody arrangements for the children, including visitation schedules and decision-making authority. It ensures both parents have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and the child’s best interests are prioritized.
- Income Withholding for Support Order: This form authorizes the automatic deduction of child support payments from the income of the paying parent. It streamlines the process and ensures consistent and timely support for the children.
- Final Decree of Divorce: The Final Decree of Divorce is the official document that legally terminates the marriage and confirms all the agreements made regarding child custody, visitation, support, and division of assets.
Get Your West Virginia Divorce Papers Online
Make your West Virginia divorce process easier by using our online divorce service. Begin by working on our questionnaire, which will determine if you qualify for an uncontested divorce. Once you’ve completed the questionnaire, our system will generate specific forms for your case. Download these forms and then file them with the court. Afterward, wait for your printable forms to be ready, check them for accuracy, and download them. Lastly, read our filing guide and proceed with the divorce filing in West Virginia. Our reliable online service ensures a convenient and simplified divorce process.
Trusted by more than 25,000 people
West Virginia Divorce Papers F.A.Q.
Can you download divorce papers in West Virginia?
To get divorce forms in West Virginia, you can download them online or get them from the District Clerk’s office. Fill them out yourself and get an attorney’s review before filing.
What paperwork is needed for divorce in West Virginia?
Some of the documents you will be asked to provide are: divorce petition, financial statements, and marriage certificate. Couples with children will also need additional documents related to custody and support.
How do I get divorce papers served in West Virginia?
To serve divorce papers in West Virginia, complete the papers, make three copies, and take them to the sheriff’s office. Pay a fee, and the sheriff will serve the papers to your spouse.
How much are divorce papers in West Virginia?
When filing for divorce in West Virginia, you must pay a filing fee that varies between $250 and $300, depending on the county. You will also need to cover service and issuance fees if your spouse needs to be served with divorce papers.